Diffuser et promouvoir la culture en mathématiques et en informatique déployée dans les sciences agronomiques à INRAE et rassembler la communauté des maths-info INRAE.
ErVaccine Technologies is a start up company integrated in Centre Léon Bérard, Lyon, France, which develops new immunotherapeutic approaches targeting human endogenous retroviruses
As a full-time bioinformatician, you will be in charge of the bioinformatics development in ErVaccine. You will contribute to the in silico identification of original therapeutic targets in cancer that will be further validated in vitro. You will be expected to setup the infrastructure and develop the pipelines already proposed by the team. A strong implication in the overall project will be asked.
- Setup the infrastructure at ErVaccine (cluster access and data-storage solutions)
- Integrate and optimize the current HERVs-analysis pipeline into routine analysis (First milestone: re-analysis of all TCGA pan-cancer data with the current used pipeline)
- Establish a new method to integrate pan-HLA targets
- Establish links with the local bioinformatics teams at Centre Leon Berard
- PhD in bioinformatics, computer science or related fields with significant experience in genomics
- Good background in biology, previous experience in immunology is expected
- Excellent working proficiency in R, python, bash or other scripting language in CLI environment commonly used in bioinformatics pipelines
- Familiarity with high-performance computing resources and linux environment
- Proficient in Next-generation sequencing data analysis (RNA-seq and single cell RNA-seq), from quality check to data analysis
- Strong ability to work independently and share results to both bioinformaticians and biologists
- Statistical intuition, deep understanding of core statistical principles, and extensive experience with core methods (e.g., linear regression, GLMs, dimensionality reduction, tree-based models, bootstrapping, maximum likelihood estimation, Bayesian modeling…)
- English written and spoken (scientific level)
Candidates should address their CV and contact information to Prof. Stéphane DEPIL, MD, PhD at firstname.lastname@example.org